pedigree of W22

W.F. Tracy wftracy at facstaff.wisc.edu
Mon Apr 5 14:57:18 EST 1999

The pedigree of the inbred W22 is B10 x W25.  Unfortunately there are 2
inbreds named B10 and there has been some confusion as to the correct
line in the pedigree of W22.  Given the interest among maize geneticists
in this inbred I thought it would be useful to post the correct origin.

The B10 in W22 is Illinois B10 (1948 Report of the Corn Improvement
Conference of the North Central Region, Bureau of Plant Industry etc.)

Illinois B10 is derived from Funk Yellow Dent (Jenkins, M.T. 1936. Corn
Improvement. 1936 Yearbook of agriculture USDA)

 I would suggest that the designation Ill.B10 be used when referring to
this line.

W25 is from the open-pollinated variety Golden Glow.