Phenotype with AC or Mu gene knock outs

John Fowler fowlerj at ava.bcc.orst.edu
Thu Feb 18 14:32:51 EST 1999

We have been looking at Mu mutations in two genes on duplicated regions of
the genome (6L and 8L).  These two genes are probably duplicates, and show
high sequence conservation in their coding regions.  None of our 6
independent insertions in the two genes has an obvious phenotype (or even a
less-than-completely-obvious phenotype, after a fair amount of looking).
We don't know yet about the double mutants, which may be our best bet for a
phenotype.

John

********    NEW   NEW   NEW     ADDRESS!!!  ****
John Fowler				Assistant Professor
Botany and Plant Pathology (BPP) Dept.
2082 Cordley Hall                        Phone: (541) 737-5307
Oregon State University                  FAX: (541) 737-3573
Corvallis, OR  97331-2902  USA	   	 Email: fowlerj at bcc.orst.edu