theoretical number of fragments in size selected library

Jim Reynolds jreynol at uidaho.edu
Sat Jan 9 11:32:41 EST 1999

I am screening a self-made 4-8KB size selected library for a mu tagged
5.5KB fragment.  A question arose about how to determine the no. of
pfu's to screen.  I have been directed to screen various nos. between
50,000 and 1 million.  Does anyone have a hardfast rule?

Another question we have been debating is whether to work right out of
the package reaction or to amplify first.  What do people think here?