Post-Doctor Position in Taiwan

Shiau mbshiau at ccvax.sinica.edu.tw
Wed Jul 7 22:11:32 EST 1999

POSTDOCTORAL POSITION IN TAIWAN

Nitrate uptake and transport in Arabidopsis

  A postdoctoral position available immediately to study the molecular
mechanisms and regulation of nitrate uptake and transport in
Arabidopsis.  We have identified several nitrate transporters that
are involved in nitrate uptake and long-distance transport [Plant
Cell 11(8) in press; Plant Cell 11(5):865-874, 1999; Plant Cell
8(12):2183-2191, 1996; Cell 72:705-713, 1993] .  Emphasis of the
research will be on the interplay among those nitrate transporters,
their regulation mechanisms, and the critical structural components
for their functions.

  We are looking for a highly motivated individual with experience in
plant molecular biology or plant physiology.  Interested applicants
should send curriculum vitae, a brief description of research
experience and research interests, and the names of two references to
Dr. Yi-Fang Tsay, Institute of Molecular Biology, Academia Sinica,
Taipei, Taiwan, FAX 886-2-2782-6085, e-mail
mbyftsay at ccvax.sinica.edu.tw.