Early Water Stress

Smith, Howie SmithO at phibred.com
Wed Aug 30 14:42:57 EST 2000

Freddie,

  We (I) think that kernel rows is primarily genetic and would not expect
that stress would affect it much if any, I would expect the primary effect
to be on number of kernels per row - stress particularly after flowering
will induce abortion of kernels.  The major effect of early stress would be
expected to be on ear length, which will also affect number of kernels per
row.

Howie