Delill Nasser

Ed Coe coee at missouri.edu
Fri Dec 22 22:42:39 EST 2000

Dear Friends,

In case you did not receive Jerry Cohen's note to the
Arabidopsis net, I must with sadness pass along word of the
death of Dr. Delill Nasser.

Delill gave committed, visionary, and thorough encouragement
to higher-plant genetics, and always emphasized the highest
quality of research in the field.  Her warm personableness
and inquisitiveness made me, and many-many others, feel
appreciated and encouraged.

In large measure Delill made the context happen, through
which planning of the Arabidopsis initiative developed and
is flowering, to the benefit of all of us.  More yet, other
higher-plant initiatives are following vigorously on the
heels of this context.  What a friend to plant science and
to forward-looking planning Delill Nasser represented!

Ed Coe