non-specific amplification in the control tube

Pablo Zaltz pzaltz at
Wed Feb 9 23:24:46 EST 2000

Hello everybody,

I am running a PCR to amplify a 200 bp fragment of the Cauliflower
Mosaic Virus (CaMV) 35S promoter. I get a non-specific amplification
between 100 and 500 bp in the negative control tube (just mastermix +

I have descarted any kind of contamination. Could be possible that in
the situation of primers self-amplification? Do you have any suggestion
to explain the problem? Can you suggest a web site where to analize this

My PCR protocol inculude two well-known 35S promoter primers:

35S-1	gctcctacaaatgccatca
35S-2	agtgggattgtgcgtca

Run: 	94 C/3min
	94 C/20 sec ]