Archived maize

Alfred H. Merrill, Jr., Ph.D. amerril at emory.edu
Sun Mar 5 18:34:41 EST 2000

Fwd from MaizeDB:

I have a somewhat unusual request.  I have an ESI/MS/MS method that can
measure very low amounts of fumonisins, a fungal contaminant of maize
(theoretically, we can detect fumonisins in as little as one corn
kernel).  I would like to examine maize that has been collected from
archeological sites to determine how early one can find this toxin in
maize.  Do you know how I would be in contact with the holders (museums,
presumably) of such collections?

Al Merrill

--
Alfred H. Merrill, Jr., Ph.D.
Professor of Biochemistry

Telephone:  404-727-5978
FAX:        404-727-3954

Alternative telephone:  404-727-6669
Alternative e-mail (personal):  amerril at mindspring.com

For information on Dr. Merrill's research, see:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/htbin-post/Entrez/query?db=m&form=4&term=Merrill+ah+jr

For information on the Department of Biochemistry, see:
http://www.biochem.emory.edu/

For information on Nutrition and Health Sciences at Emory, see:
http://www.emory.edu/GSOAS/GSAS/programs/NHS/