Question on corn pricing

Antonio J. Cristiani acristiani at babson.edu
Tue Mar 14 12:48:15 EST 2000

Hello, I am an MBA student at Babson College http://www.babson.edu
and I am doing an analysis of the food value chain.  I would
appreciate it if you can guide me where to find the following
information:

-  Historic price of corn per pound at each part of the value chain (food
processor, feedlot, manufacturer, retail) on average or per derivative of
corn (i.e. HFCS, flour, etc.) at each part of the value chain.
-  Historic quantity of corn used at each part of the value chain, again on
average or per derivative.

I am trying to see where the savings due to price decreases effected by GM
corn stay (i.e. Food processors 10%, manufacturers 30% etc.).

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Antonio J. Cristiani
FW Olin School of Business