teosinte

Kathleen Boisvert kboisvert at pfgmedia.com
Tue Sep 26 11:25:48 EST 2000

Hello,

I am writing on behalf of the Palfreman Film Group, an independent
documentary film production company.  We are currently producing a program
on agriculture biotechnology  (gmo's) for the PBS series, FRONTLINE.  We
have been working and filming with all of the main players in this debate,
including folks over at UC Davis (Martina McGloughlin).

My reason for contacting your site:  part of the program will explain how
crops have been modified over centuries unabling humans to consume them.  We
filmed apples, tomatos, potatos, plums, etc. over at UCDavis, but at the
time, no teosinte was available.

So...this is a all points bulletin:  I am looking for some teosinte ears to
shot in our studio.

I had been in touch with Mark Millard, but at the time of the filming, his
teosinte was not ready.  He had emailed me some pictures of the teosinte
ears...dramatically different from what we buy in the grocery store today.

Would anyone be able to help?

Thanks,
Kathy

Kathleen Boisvert