Seneca 60 source

William F. Tracy wftracy at facstaff.wisc.edu
Tue Dec 31 15:08:28 EST 2002

Seminis Seed Co. recently discontinued production of the old sweet
corn hybrid Seneca 60.

Alerted to the needs of the maize research community, Seminis Seed
Co. produced seed of Seneca 60 in 2002.  But, Seminis does not wish
to be involved in seed distribution.  Therefore they have given it to
me to distribute to researchers.

If you would like some seed please let me know how much you need for 2003.

Future needs? It appears that Seminis will allow me to produce small
lots of Seneca 60 in the future.  To do so efficiently I will need
some idea of the needs of researchers.  If you are a regular user of
Seneca 60 please give me a rough estimate of how much you need on a
yearly basis.

Best wishes for the new year

Bill Tracy

William F. Tracy
Professor
Department of Agronomy
College of Agricultural and Life Sciences
University of Wisconsin-Madison
457 Moore Hall
1575 Linden Dr.
Madison, WI 53706
(608) 262-2587
FAX (608) 262-5217

And pray what more can a reasonable man desire, in peaceful times, in
ordinary noons, than a sufficient number of ears of green sweet corn
boiled, with the addition of salt.
			Henry David Thoreau,  Walden