[Maize] Research Associate Position Open

An-Ping Hsia hsia at iastate.edu
Wed Jun 22 13:44:39 EST 2005

Dear maize community,

The Schnable Lab at Iowa State University has an opening for a maize
genetics Research Associate.  We are a dynamic group that is active
in both research and fun.  Learn more by visiting our web site at

Position Open

Research Associate
Iowa State University

START DATE: 6/27/05

Under the supervision of PI and project leader, the individual will
be responsible for scheduling and organizing the lab's genetic
nurseries and field operations, ensuring compliance with relevant
USDA and ISU regulations, managing research projects and conducting
wet lab experiments, managing project undergraduate research
assistants, and assisting with routine lab management and
administrative activities in support of research projects.

Required:  Bachelor's degree in biology or related fields with
research lab experience and experience conducting corn genetic
crosses. It is expected that the person in this position will spend
about 4-5 weeks (continuously) per year (usually in January) at our
winter nursery location which is usually out-of-state or can be

Preferred:  Experience maintaining freeze dryers, extracting plant
DNA; high-throughput PCR, and Southern blotting. Experience making
outcrosses and self pollinations of corn plants; detasseling and
maintaining isolation plots; transplanting seedlings from greenhouse
to the field; seed preparation for planting; operation of an
automatic corn sheller; planting and scoring plants in the sand
benches. Previous training and management experience.
Please go to www.iastatejobs.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=70381
for more details.

All interested, qualified persons must apply for this position by
clicking "Apply for this Vacancy" and completing the Employment
Application at
www.iastatejobs.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=70381. Please be
prepared to attach or enter a letter of application, resume, and
contact information for three references. If you have questions
regarding this vacancy, please email An-Ping Hsia hsia at iastate.edu.

ISU is an EO/AA employer

An-Ping Hsia, Ph.D.
Schnable Lab