[Maize] Genomics-Assisted Breeding workshop in PAG Conference, San Diego

Varshney, Rajeev Kumar (ICRISAT-IN) r.k.varshney at cgiar.org
Tue Jan 10 09:36:24 EST 2006

Dear all,

Please note that during the PAG Conference in San Diego (USA), we
will be having a new workshop entitled "Genomics-Assisted Breeding"
on Monday, 16 January, 2006 from 4:40 pm - 6:50 pm in Sunset Room.
You are cordially invited to participate in the workshop. I am sure
that we will be having fruitful discussions on the strategies and
applications of genomics research in practical breeding. The details
on the workshop can be found at
http://www.intl-pag.org/14/14-gen-breeding.html and the programme is
pasted below.
In view of above, I request you to mark your calendar and book the
slot for attending the workshop.
Looking forward to see you in PAG and Genomics Assited Breeding workshop.
With kind regards,

Monday Afternoon, 16 January 2006 --- 4:40 pm - 6:50 pm
Genomics-Assisted Breeding Workshop - Sunset Room
Rajeev Varshney <mailto:r.k.varshney at cgiar.org>, ICRISAT, India
(r.k.varshney at cgiar.org)

1. 4:40 pm - 4:50 pm
Rajeev Varshney <mailto:r.k.varshney at cgiar.org>
(r.k.varshney at cgiar.org)
ICRISAT, Patancheru, India

2. 4:50 pm - 5:10 pm
Andreas Graner <mailto:graner at ipk-gatersleben.de>
(graner at ipk-gatersleben.de)
IPK, Gatersleben, Germany
Genomics Assisted Breeding For Improved Malting Quality In Barley

3. 5:10 pm - 5:30 pm
David A. Hoisington <mailto:d.hoisington at cgiar.org>
(d.hoisington at cgiar.org)
ICRISAT, Patancheru, India
Predicting Phenotypes From Genotypes - The Application Of Comparative
Genomics In Sorghum And Pearl Millet

4. 5:30 pm - 5:50 pm
Peter Langridge <mailto:peter.langridge at adelaide.edu.au>
(peter.langridge at adelaide.edu.au)
Australian Centre for Plant Functional Genomics, University of
Adelaide, Australia
Whole Genome Breeding Of Wheat And Barley

5. 5:50 pm - 6:10 pm
J. Antoni Rafalski <mailto:j-antoni.rafalski at cgr.dupont.com>
(j-antoni.rafalski at cgr.dupont.com)
DuPont Co. Crop Genetics, Wilmington,USA
Linkage Disequilibrium Mapping In Maize

6. 6:10 pm - 6:30 pm
Mark E. Sorrells <mailto:mes12 at cornell.edu>
(mes12 at cornell.edu)
Cornell University, Ithaca, USA
Association Mapping As A Breeding Strategy

7. 6:30 pm - 6:50 pm
Roberto Tuberosa <mailto:roberto.tuberosa at unibo.it>
(roberto.tuberosa at unibo.it)
University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Marker-Assisted Approaches For Dissecting Root Architecture In Maize

Rajeev K. Varshney, Ph.D.
Senior Scientist, Applied Genomics Laboratory
International Crops Research Institute for Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)
PATANCHERU- 502 324 (near Hyderabad), Andhra Pradesh

Off: 	Tel: 0091 40 30713305; Fax: 0091 40 3071 3074/ 3075
Res:	Tel: 0091 40 55098028; Mobile: (091) 9866775095
e-mail: 	r.k.varshney at cgiar.org /varshney.raj at gmail.com
Web:	http://www.icrisat.org    http://www.angelfire.com/rnb/rkv