Post Doctoral Research Associate-Plant Molecular Genetics, Dover, DE
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS: January 4, 2008
The College of Agriculture and Related Sciences at Delaware State
University is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Post
Doctoral Research Associate-Plant Molecular Genetics. Applicants must
have experience working with the genetics of plant host-pathogen
interactions, construction of genomic and cDNA libraries; RNA interference
is an added plus.
Essential functions of the job include:
1. Conduct plant molecular genetics and genomics research and manage
laboratory, greenhouse and growth room experiments.
2. Communicate effectively with faculty, students, University
administrators and professional groups.
3. Provide leadership by encouraging excellence in research, education
and outreach activities that are undertaken by the Plant Molecular
Genetics and Genomics Group.
4. Mentor undergraduate and graduate students, technicians, and other
laboratory staff in research programs.
5. Serve as a representative for activities of the Plant Molecular
Genetics & Genomics Group and promote its best interests.
1. Perform high school and community outreach.
2. Perform research in area(s) of this expertise.
REQUIRED, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
1. Research experience in molecular genetics and genomics.
2. Ability to work successfully with diverse students and faculty.
3. Effective written and verbal communication skills.
1. Earned Ph.D. level degree and work experience in Plant Molecular
Biology, Plant Molecular Genetics, or Genomics/Plant Pathology/Plant
2. Experience in advanced molecular genetic, genomic and proteomic
3. Added Plus: Prior experience in plant tissue culture, host-pathogen
interactions and/or working with model or non-model plant species,
management of laboratory, greenhouse, and growth room experiments and
Letter of interest, resume and letters of recommendation can be submitted
Dr. Venu Kalavacharla, Department of Agriculture and Related Sciences,
Delaware State University, 1200 N. DuPont Highway, Dover, DE 19901.
Phone: (302) 857-6492 or vkalavacharla from desu.edu or apply online at
www.desu.edu <http://www.desu.edu/> under the job opportunities link.
Delaware State University is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate because of race, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex or
Venu (Kal) Kalavacharla Ph.D.
Plant Molecular Genetics & Genomics
Department of Agriculture & Natural Resources
Delaware State University
Dover, DE 19901
Email: vkalavacharla from desu.edu