[Maize] lab job position open - Agreliant in Lebanon Indiana
(by Jialiang.Chen from AgReliantGenetics.com)
Thu Feb 9 09:44:15 EST 2012
Molecular Marker Lab Research Associate
Location: Lebanon, Indiana, USA
AgReliant Genetics is the fastest growing independent seed company in the industry and currently the 4th largest field seeds company in the United States. Our goal is to offer the best seed products to our North American customers through superior research, breeding and production techniques by focusing ONLY on seed.
Headquartered in Westfield, Indiana, AgReliant Genetics is owned by two of the largest independent seed companies in the world. KWS and Limagrain bring over 200 years of combined seed experience to AgReliant Genetics.
Innovation, superior service and exceptional customer value are the center point of our multiple brand offering. AgReliant Genetics offers the best seed products available through the brands; AgriGold, LG Seeds, Great Lakes Hybrids, Wensman, Producers Hybrids, and Pride.
We are looking for a Research Associate for our Molecular Marker Lab Research division.
Under the supervision of the Molecular Marker Lab Manager, organizes and conducts lab experiments involving molecular marker analysis and GMO analysis in corn and assists in the implementation of new genotyping platforms.
* Receives, organizes and registers incoming samples and maintains accurate records as required.
* Maintains the seed and leaf sample inventory as well as implements a storage system for long term storage in the Lebanon station.
* Performs sample preparation, DNA extraction and quantification.
* Conducts experiments such as SNP analysis on a commercially available platform.
* Conducts DNA testing such as GMO analysis with endpoint and real time PCRs.
* Collects data and conducts data quality control using generally available programs and proprietary software.
* Exercises routine lab duties such as receiving and organizing chemicals, chemical stock preparation, safety labeling of hazardous materials and lab waste disposal.
* Provides assistance in training new, short term seasonal lab associates as required.
* Responsible for keeping accurate lab notes and organization of files for equipment, chemical, MSDS and protocols as required.
* Assists in the technical evaluation and implementation of new genotyping platforms
* Other duties as required.
Duties and responsibilities may be revised as needed by the Corn Breeder and /or the Director of Corn Research either verbally and/or in writing.
Education / Experience requirements
* BSc or MSc in the field of agricultural biotechnology; understanding of genotyping technology and lab processes is required; knowledge of molecular markers and basic lab skills required in a molecular marker lab.
* Experience with liquid handlers, DNA sequencers and SNP platforms are advantageous.
* Computer skills with common software are required.
* Good observation and troubleshooting as well as good record keeping and organizational skills are necessary.
* This position requires positive attitude towards heavy workloads under tight deadlines and ability to concurrently work on multiple tasks.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to work required hours; ability to lift 50 lbs. and able to walk seed fields, ~5 mi / day; ability to work in both field and station as required; some overnight travel; meet AgReliant's Motor Vehicle Driver Requirements.
To apply for this job please visit our career page at: https://careers-agreliantgenetics.icims.com/jobs/1091/job
This email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual(s) or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please promptly notify the sender. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or otherwise copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.
More information about the Maize