[Maize] Open position at Genective - Entomologist
(by jose.osorio from AgReliantGenetics.com)
Tue Sep 4 08:57:10 EST 2012
Job Description :
Genective S.A., a technology Joint Venture of two leading, globally active seed companies, Groupe Limagrain and the KWS Group, is conducting ambitious R&D programmes for the improvement of maize. For the support of developing transgenic insect resistance, we are seeking an experienced entomologist for the following tasks:
· Design, coordination, supervision, and evaluation of greenhouse and field experiments, globally;
· Review and evaluation of data and reports from 3rd parties´ research in the area of insect control;
· Design, commissioning, supervision, and evaluation of field studies required for the preparation of applications for regulatory approval;
· Writing of field study reports;
· Close and cooperative interaction with the international R&D, breeding, and regulatory teams of Genective, its parent companies, and collaboration partners.
The position will be based in Paris; However, localization in either central France, central Germany, or even mid-west US are negotiable. The position is immediately available.
Reporting : To the Chief Executive Officer
Education and experience :
· PhD or Master´s degree in a relevant field (entomology, plant/animal biology, plant breeding, phytopathology);
· Broad and thorough knowledge in entomology, preferentially related to plant/insect interactions, including insect resistance management (IRM);
· Experiences in the diagnosis of pests, conduction of field trials, and statistical analysis;
· Familiarity with the critical analysis of technical and scientific information;
· Basic understanding of plant breeding/genetics;
· Experience with regulated GM plants, mainly in field assay of such GM plants;
· Experience in project management and successful demonstration of organizational skills;
· Excellent scientific writing capabilities;
· Proficient English language skills, orally and in writing; basic French language skills would be advantageous;
· Willingness to frequent travelling;
· Like to work in a team, which members are in different locations.
This email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual(s) or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please promptly notify the sender. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or otherwise copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.
More information about the Maize