[Medicago] Welcome to the Medicago Newsgroup

medicago At net.bio.net via medicago%40net.bio.net (by medicago At net.bio.net)
Tue Nov 7 13:27:16 EST 2006

 <<CV-ANE.pdf>>  <<Frugoli CV Medicago.doc>>  <<CVAnisLimamiMedicagocommit.doc>>  <<Lloyd_W_Sumner_CV_Mtruncat.pdf>>
Dear all,

Welcome to the Medicago newsgroup.  There has been an excellent take up in the registration and I thank all of you for registering.  We hope that this will provide an excellent forum for disseminating information and discussing important issues within the Medicago community.

The first line of business to deal with through this newsgroup is to vote in two new members of the International Medicago committee. This committee deals with issues pertinent to the international Medicago community. As examples we have recently been working on a Medicago Protocol Book, facilitating the development of a Medicago Stock Centre and ensuring a regular international meeting. We have four excellent candidates for these two committee positions: Jean-Michel Ane (University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA), Julia Frugoli (Clemson University, USA), Anis Limami (University of Angers, France) and Lloyd Sumner (Noble Foundation, USA). I attach CVs for all four candidates.  To vote, please e-mail me with the names of the two people you would like to see join the committee.

Again welcome to the newsgroup and thankyou in advance for your votes.

Giles

Dr. Giles Oldroyd
Co-chair of the International Medicago Committee
Department of Disease and Stress Biology
John Innes Centre
Norwich NR4 7UH
UK

tel: (44) 1603 450206