[Medicago] Stress RNAs solicitation

medicago from net.bio.net via medicago%40net.bio.net (by medicago from net.bio.net)
Tue May 15 12:23:40 EST 2007

Dear Colleagues
We are about mid-way through library construction for our USDA-funded
legume FL-cDNA project. The first normalized library of above-ground
tissues has been sequenced to about 12K and those sequences are being
submitted to GenBank.
Prospective FL-cDNAs have been identified and re-arrayed and
re-sequencing is in progress.
The second library of below-ground tissues including roots, nodules,
P-starved and mycorrhizal colonized is under construction.
Now we need to focus on the third library. This is intended to contain
RNAs from a variety of stresses to induce new sets of genes. These
stresses could include heat, cold, salt, oxidative and a variety of
pathogens including insects and nematodes, as well as tissue culture,
elicitor-treated material etc.
If you can spare 5-10 ug or total RNA from any of these (or any other)
stresses/treatments (preferably A17), we'd love to hear from you and
will provide you with a prtocol for easy sample preparation for room
temperature shipping a Courier number to cover costs.
Thank you in advance for your assistrance.
Best wishes
Chris Town
Chris Town
The J. Craig Venter Institute