[Medicago] USDA-ARS plant biology/pathology postdoc position

medicago from net.bio.net via medicago%40net.bio.net (by medicago from net.bio.net)
Mon Nov 15 12:05:04 EST 2010

Dear colleague,

I would like to draw your attention to a new postdoctoral position, vacancy
no. RA-11-016-H, in the Ames USDA-ARS Corn Insects and Crop Genetics
Research Unit:

http://federalgovernmentjobs.us/jobs/Research-Plant-Biologist-Postdoctoral-R
esearch-Associate-2085367.html

If you know of recent PhDs with strong backgrounds in molecular plant
biology or virology who may be looking for postdoc positions, please
encourage them to apply.

The person will evaluate several viruses with potential for virus-mediated
transformation systems in the legumes. The work will involve tracking
viruses and their protein products to determine virus locations relative to
reproductive meristems; and also design and testing of constructs to be
carried by the viruses.

To be employed as a Postdoctoral Research Associate with ARS, applicants
must be a citizen from a country listed on the following link:
http://www.afm.ars.usda.gov/hrd/jobs/VISA/countries.htm

The position will be open until filled; however, I plan to begin evaluating
applications in January.

Regards,
Steven Cannon
515-294-6971