[Medicago] Medicago Bioinformatics Workshop 2010

medicago from net.bio.net via medicago%40net.bio.net (by medicago from net.bio.net)
Sun Oct 17 07:20:58 EST 2010

We will hold our first annotation workshop for the Medicago community at
the J. Craig Venter Institute in Rockville, MD from December 13-15,
2010. It is expected that participants will arrive on Sunday December 12
and leave in the afternoon or early evening of December 15. The workshop
will cover all aspects of the bioinformatics processes and analyses used
to assemble and annotate the Medicago truncatula genome, with hands-on
experience wherever possible. One goal of the workshop is to launch and
provide momentum for our community annotation effort and applicants
interested in curating their own gene families, especially large ones,
are encouraged to apply. The workshop is supported by our NSF Plant
Genome grant and all expenses of US participants will be covered.
Applications should be sent to mtruncatula from jcvi.org  with the
applicant's family name and the word WORKSHOP in the subject line and
include a c.v., a statement of research interests and, in the case of
graduate students and post-docs, a letter of support from their mentor
that can be sent separately. Attendance will be limited to 20 people and
it is unlikely that we will accept two individuals from the same
institution. Screening of applicants will begin on November 1 and should
be complete by November 15.

Chris Town

Professor

The J. Craig Venter Institute