[Medicago] RE: Medicago Genome in Nature

medicago from net.bio.net via medicago%40net.bio.net (by medicago from net.bio.net)
Tue Nov 22 21:09:38 EST 2011

Dear Medicago community,

Taking advantage of the note about the outstanding new Medicago resources at JCVI (and GenBank), I'd like to also point to some additional new complimentary resources at the Legume Information System (LIS), http://comparative-legumes.org . This is among a growing set of tools that the genome sequence and IMGAG gene models have made possible.

 o A Medicago genome browser. A useful feature is a set of synteny tracks that establish associations with
    soybean and Lotus (and browsers for the same):
    http://medtr.comparative-legumes.org/gb2/gbrowse/3.5.1/

 o A multi-sequence search tool that displays queries against the full Medicago, soybean, or Lotus genomes,
    and provides synteny information and linkouts to the respective browsers:
    http://cvit.comparative-legumes.org/

 o A set of legume-focused gene family pages, with capacity for flexible key-word or sequence searches:
    http://leggle.comparative-legumes.org/

 o A sequence search tool that reports matches to various legume resources, including browser locations at JCVI
   and expression information at Noble.

The LIS tools are the work of the teams at NCGR (led by Dr. John Crow) and at USDA-ARS at Ames, and of course make use of the great work of the many participants in the international Medicago genome consortium, and the other outstanding genomics data being generated for the group of related plants. Congratulations on the recent Medicago paper in Nature, and thanks to all.
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/nature10625.html

We would be happy to receive your questions, feedback, or requests: lis_feedback from ncgr.org; or direct to me (scannon from iastate.edu) or John Crow (jac from ncgr.org).

Wishing you a happy Thanksgiving or "thanks-giving" (whether the holiday is celebrated officially by you or not).
---
Steven Cannon
scannon from iastate.edu
USDA-ARS and Department of Agronomy