[Medicago] Practical Summer Workshop in Functional Genomics at OSU

medicago from net.bio.net via medicago%40net.bio.net (by medicago from net.bio.net)
Wed Feb 19 13:57:12 EST 2014

Dear Colleagues,
We will be having this year the 4th Practical Summer Workshop in Functional Genomics (PSWFG, June 9 - 20) at The Ohio State University. As in the past, it will be an honor to have students, postdocs and even faculty from your institutions participate. We are building a world-class set of speakers (confirmed list below), and the research will cover several state-of-the-art techniques to address fundamental questions in plant systems biology. You can find more information at http://caps.osu.edu/2014-fgw • the site is being constantly updated to include schedules, events and other information, as they develop. It also has links to previous events that would give you a better idea of what we have done before. The site also contains a link for applications. We anticipate having room for 20-30 participants; we will have a limited number of fellowships that we intend to distribute them to participants in real need.
I would very much appreciate if you could start spreading the word and directing interested individuals to apply. Please feel free to contact me <jang.40 from OSU.edu<mailto:jang.40 from OSU.edu>> if you have any questions.
Sincerely,
JC Jang
Coordinator, 2014 PSWFG

Confirmed Speakers

Sarah Assmann, PSU

Philip Benfey, Duke, HHMI

Dominique Bergman, Stanford, HHMI

Kenneth Birnbaum, NYU

Mario Caccamo, The Genome Analysis Centre

Mary Gehring, Whitehead/MIT

Rob Last, MSU

John McDowell, Virginia Tech

Tom Okita, WSU