Agrobacterium tumefaciens

suleyman AYDIN D54%TRANAVM1 at PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU
Wed Dec 5 11:22:15 EST 1990

  Here in the microbiology lab. of our medical fac.,  we have problems
with Agrobacterium tumefaciens.   Our friends could not be able to passage and
have live forms continuously.  They said that this is natural since they do
not have any single information about this bacterium.

   These bacteria arrived our research centre from U.S. and i do not have
enough info about them..so i can not give info to the microbiology lab. staff.

 1.What must the groth medium consist (agar? blood.... etc?)
 2.What must be the growth temperature (shall we leave them in room temp. after
   passage..?)
 3.Does it need a special moisture percent?
 4.Can we have it for long years just by passaging it (in suitable conditions,
   if we can learn them..)
 5.How many times can it be passaged normally? Is there any limitations?
 6.What must be the frequency of passages? (e.g., one month?)

 7. Other useful knowledge is also appreciated (especially by the microbiology
lab stuff)..:-)

     If anyone has information about this bacterium, please help otherwise we
shall loose all of them.

     Thanks a lot.

     suleyman AYDIN (Biologist)
medicinal plants res. ctr., univ. anatolia, tepebasi - eskisehir 26470 /Turkey
e-mail:d54 at tranavm1.Bitnet
 ...... suleyman the gateway to campus......