(none)

FRED at blekul13.bitnet FRED at blekul13.bitnet
Tue Feb 20 10:36:51 EST 1990

Has anybody out there experience with the lambda FIX vector?
We have trouble in preparing large amounts of "restriction grade"
DNA from several genomic clones we have isolated. We have used both
a dish method and a liquid culture : the latter yields very good
quality DNA but in only minute amounts (about 250 ng from a 2 ml
culture) while a dish yields about 5 to 10 times more DNA but of
horrible quality (restriction is incomplete and variable). We have
contacted stratagene, from where the custom library was purchased,
and they suggested and actually provided an other bacterial strain
PLK 17 and its P2 lysogen. This improved things a bit but still we
cannot scale-up the prep to let say 20 ml culture without losing a lot
in quality. Any suggestions are welcome exept the one that says :
"SUBCLONE A.S.A.P.".

Fred Van Leuven, Human Genetics, Gasthuisberg ON6, Leuven, Belgium
TEL 0032 16 215862
Fax 0032 16 215992
Acknowledge-To: <FRED at BLEKUL13>