Double digest in MCS

John Hill jh5f+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Feb 15 15:00:31 EST 1990

One of the grad. students in our lab asked me about problems digesting
a vector with two enzymes whose recognition sites are very close
together (i.e., in a MCS = Multiple Cloning Site).  I know that this
situation CAN be a problem with certain enzymes.  Does anyone have a
compilation of such enzymes and their limitations?  If not, does
anyone know (or is at least reasonably certain) of example(s) of this
behavior?  If you want to e-mail me, I will post a compilation of the

Thanks!

John

John Edward Hill	                   Dept. of Biological Sciences
Internet: jh5f+ at andrew.cmu.edu             Carnegie Mellon University
Bitnet/EARN: jh5f+ at andrew.bitnet           4400 Fifth Avenue
412-268-5122                    	   Pittsburgh, PA.  15213-3890  USA