Comprehensive resource

Phyllis Pugh bi299aq at sdcc6.ucsd.edu
Wed Jun 6 18:15:14 EST 1990

I am looking for a comprehensive reference book which will
give me some idea what the different reagents used in common
methods are actually doing.  As I am getting ready to take my
comprehensive exam and several questions last year included
ones of the form "why was _x_ used in this assay?" I would
find it quite useful to know what _x_ does.  I do know about
going through the different catalogs, but I am looking for a
more convenient listing.

Any suggestions?  (Please e-mail, if there is enough interest,
I will compile and post.)

Thanks in advance,
Phyllis