Need human monocyte isolation procedure

Steve Kelley kelley at aclcb.purdue.edu
Fri Nov 9 11:16:29 EST 1990

In article <1573 at beguine.UUCP>, danielg at uncmed.med.unc.edu writes:

>We need to isolate *viable* human monocytes from whole blood, with >90%
>purity, and highest possible yield, of course :-).  In the past we have

Have you tried flow cytometry?  Purity > 90% should be no problem at all,
but what exactly do you mean by highest possible yield?  Flow will limit
you to looking at a couple thousand cells per second, and picking out
whatever fraction of the input are monocytes.

If flow cytometry alone won't get you the numbers you need, perhaps a
two-step procedure will do it?

I believe Larry Arnold is at UNC, in the dept of Micro and Immuno.  He
can fill you in on all the gory details of sorting.

Steve Kelley

    Name: Steve Kelley
Internet: kelley at aclcb.purdue.edu
   Phone: 317 494-8638