PCR Machine

Kurtis MacFerrin macferrin at slsvax.harvard.edu
Thu Nov 15 12:32:12 EST 1990

In article <LAUNCE.90Nov9175838 at apollo.med.utah.edu>, launce at apollo.med.utah.edu (Launce Gouw) writes...
>There are a number of machines that will accomodate microtitre plates
>for PCR or other thermal cycling applications.  The ones I know of

You might also want to look into the MJ Research Programmable Thermal
Controller. I think they have models which will accomodate microtiter plates.
They're in Cambridge, MA. Sorry, I don't know the address or tel. #, but you
can probably get it from the telephone co.

The MJR PTC is what we use for our PCRs, and we're pretty happy with it. With
some of the early models they had problems with the semiconductor junctions
which do the heating and cooling, but they seem to have all the bugs worked
out now, and they were very helpful with repairs whenever we had a problem.

Kurtis MacFerrin	macferrin at slsvax.harvard.edu