about Spl I

Francis Ouellette USERBFFO%SFU at PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU
Mon Nov 19 20:01:30 EST 1990

In a recent message Johan de Boer (FS300512 at YUSOL) asks:

>I am trying to find a source for the following restriction
>enzyme:
>
>       SplI or PfuI or PspI
>
>They are isoschizomers.  If anyone knows of a company that
>sells one of these, would you please let me know?

If I look up in PC/Gene using the REDIT program (the
restriction enzyme editor) I find the following info:

Spl I____Y
CGTACG___________Y

__________________________________Y
>Availability.

Amersham._________________________Y

The (old) Amersham catalogue I have (1989) claims that
Amersham is the only distributor of Spl I.  But PC/Gene
doesn't seem to know that Spl I has any isoschizomers ...
But the REDIT program of PC/Gene is a bit out of date ...
Maybe the next update ;-)

disclaimer:  I am in no way, shape or form an employee
or a sales rep for IntelliGenetics or Amersham.

"And that's the truth Ruth"
                            (Do the right thing, Spike Lee)

bffobffobffobffobffobffobffobffobffobffobffobffobffobffobffo

"Je cherche a comprendre"       Jacques Monod

B.F. Francis Ouellette  Bitnet (Netnorth): userBFFO at SFU
                      Internet: userBFFO at cc.sfu.ca
                                Ouellett at whistler.sfu.ca
address: Dept of Biol. Sci., Simon Fraser University
         Burnaby, BC, V5A 1S6, Canada, (604)291-3021
                                  FAX: (604)291-3496

bffobffobffobffobffobffobffobffobffobffobffobffobffobffobffo

PS.  I realize that being from Canada it may be politically
unwise (and this be the wrong place for it) to have a
signature "en francais" but hey, pourquoi pas!

;-)