Need human monocyte isolation procedure

danielg at danielg at
Fri Nov 9 09:30:12 EST 1990

We need to isolate *viable* human monocytes from whole blood, with >90%
purity, and highest possible yield, of course :-).  In the past we have
used mono-poly resolving media (Flow Labs), which gives two bands, one
containing polynuclear cells, the other containing mononukes.  We need to
remove the lymphocytes (we have also had a slight problem with some pmn
contamination in the mono layer - poly layer, however, has been quite

All suggestions warmly welcomed.  Email or post.

Thanks in advance,

     S A V E  T H E  W H A L E S  ,  K I L L  O U R  U N B O R N  ??
Daniel G. Sinclair - UNC Chapel Hill - Satisfied in Jesus. :-).  Ahhhhhh.