Need human monocyte isolation procedure

danielg at uncmed.med.unc.edu danielg at uncmed.med.unc.edu
Fri Nov 9 09:30:12 EST 1990

We need to isolate *viable* human monocytes from whole blood, with >90%
purity, and highest possible yield, of course :-).  In the past we have
used mono-poly resolving media (Flow Labs), which gives two bands, one
containing polynuclear cells, the other containing mononukes.  We need to
remove the lymphocytes (we have also had a slight problem with some pmn
contamination in the mono layer - poly layer, however, has been quite
pure).

All suggestions warmly welcomed.  Email or post.

Thanks in advance,

dan