about PCR problems

David Steffen steffen at merlin.mbir.bcm.tmc.edu
Mon Nov 26 18:15:07 EST 1990

In article <1990Nov26.233931.1 at csc.fi> pollanen at csc.fi writes:
>What problems have you had [doing PCR directly from cells]?
We have had good luck doing PCR from animal cells (Rat1-based lines, I
believe) with no particular problems.  Our protocol was not
particularly unique, and thus I hesitate to post it, but send me mail
if you would like me to email it to you.
>I have tried to do PCR from so called VIRAPAP samples [w/o luck]
I have no idea what VIRAPAP is.  We always started with growing cells.

--
David Steffen
Department of Cell Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston TX 77030
Internet = steffen at mbir.bcm.tmc.edu