PCR CLONING

Chris_Jones at vme.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk Chris_Jones at vme.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Nov 5 06:50:03 EST 1990

I've Recently noticed an ad for Invitrogens PCR cloning kit
where they say that Taq always adds an extra A to the 3' end
of a fragment being amplified. Does anyone have any info (reference?)
on this i.e. is it True? I cant find any reference to this activity
in the PCR textbooks. I've successfully cloned lots of PCR products
in the past but as I put sites on the ends I've never looked for extra A's.

Apologies if you've read this before but my mail failed last time

                                    Thanks

                                 Chris Jones
                                 Biochem Dept
                                 Nottingham Univ.