(none)

MELAN at wfeb2.bitnet MELAN at wfeb2.bitnet
Mon Oct 1 19:06:00 EST 1990

        My message posted to this board the other day requires some
clarification and also raises additional questions concerning addresses and
the origin of messages.  The posting that I was attemtping to respond to was
that from M.N. concerning plant chromosome condensation.  I responded to the
address listed at the top of the header which was edu% KBIO11%DKLUNIO1 at pucc.
princeton.edu.  The message kept bouncing back to me from Princeton with the
error message that DKLUNIO1 was an invalid username.  So wondering *Who is
M.N. at Princeton?*, I posted the message concerning *proper* signatures.  Upon
closer inspection of the header I saw that the message was SENT to pucc at
princeton from IRLEARN (this is in line 15 of the header!) without the
slightest clue of the ultimate origin of the posting.  I'm now left wondering
*Who is M.N. in EUROPE?*.  So my question now is:  Is there any way to trace
back messages coming over from IRLEARN if there is no *return address*?

    And for M.N. whoever you are, wherever you are here is my response to
your request.