(none)

David Kristofferson kristoff at genbank.bio.net
Tue Oct 2 13:11:19 EST 1990

Melissa,

	Unfortunately there are a variety of mailing conventions in
use around the world.  I would recommend that as a general rule you
should reply to the newsgroup adress at your regional BIOSCI node if
you can't get a foreign address to work.  It is much less hassle.  For
those in the Western Hemisphere (and for many users in the Pacific
Rim) all you need do is use the bulletin board name followed by
@genbank.bio.net.  The list of newsgroups is posted monthly on BIONEWS,
and I'd be happy to send you another copy to anyone who requests it.
It is pretty safe to assume that if a person knows how to post to the
newsgroup then they are probably a regular reader.  Unfortunately if
%edu was on the left hand side of the address as you claim that would
have created havoc with many mailers on this side of the "pond."
--
				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				GenBank Manager