melting algorithms

Tue Sep 18 14:14:12 EST 1990

Hi all-

   I posted this a few weeks ago, but did not get a single reply.  I'm not
sure if it ever made it to the net since I never received it.  I apologize if
this is a duplicate posting, but I really do want the info.

   I am interested in obtaining information on algorithms that are used to
determine melting profiles for DNAs, in particular for use in PCR.  What
algorithms are used (references)?  What are their strong and weak points? etc.

   Please e-mail me at:    bob.gross at

   I will summarize the information and post it to this group.

   Thanks in advance for your help.

                                  - Bob Gross