Use of spermidine- how? why?

George W Chacko gchacko at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu
Thu Aug 22 19:08:09 EST 1991

In article <5355 at beguine.UUCP> danielg at med.unc.edu (Daniel Gene Sinclair) writes:

>I'm not sure of the concentration, but in our lab, we always looked at it
>metaphorically.  The enzyme is kinda shy and inhibited, but with a bunch
>of fellow proteins around, it goes right to work - just needs peer
>encouragement.  Probably, BSA will do the same thing, but don't take my
>word for it ;-).

Why spermidine and who thought of it in the first place? Seems like an
unnatural train of thought unless of course there exists a better reason than
the protein brotherhood feeling.

>Winter?  Blech!  Hello from overcast, but warm (actually, it's cooled down
>into the 70's this week, must be a cold front or something ;-) North
>Carolina.  Pretty soon (like in a month) we'll be hitting fall!

Greetings from the heartland. Upper 60's stuff here at the moment.

>Still donning shorts at work,

 Ditto.

George

George W. Chacko (The DNA Waster).

S2092 Davis Center   "Now what's to be found by racing around
480 West 9th Ave      You carry your pain wherever you go
Columbus OH 43210     Full of blues and tryin' to lose
(614)-293-4788        You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know."