Petunia chromosomes

Elizabeth Earle Elizabeth_Earle at QMRELAY.MAIL.CORNELL.EDU
Fri Dec 20 19:37:10 EST 1991

                       Subject:                               Time:4:31 PM
  OFFICE MEMO          Petunia chromosomes                    Date:12/20/91
We are working on separation of plant chromosomes by flow cytometry for
construction of chromsome-specific DNA libraries.  Although most of our work
has been with tomato, we have also tried Petunia chromosomes, among others. We
would be able to collect fairly pure samples of Petunia chromosome 1 and think
we could obtain DNA that should be highly enriched for chromosome 1.  Would
anyone be interested in a chromosome 1 library of Petunia?  Does anyone have
DNA markers that map to this chromosome?  Any comments would be welcome.  Lisa
Earle