(none)

Donald A. Lehn donnel at helix.nih.gov
Thu Dec 19 01:28:25 EST 1991

In article <9112182059.AA19039 at genbank.bio.net> BI599063 at BROWNVM.BROWN.EDU writes:
/>Greetings,
/>
/>I've lately been having a problem with my CsCl
/>gradients for RNA isolation.  At the end of the run, at
/>least half of the gradient tubes have a fairly large,
/>hard pellet at the bottom....I assume its CsCl

You may be running rour samples too cold and as a result may be
precipitating the CsCl.  CsCl gradients should be run between
15 to 20C.  Any lower temp than this results in CsCl precipitation.

/>
/>Thanks,      John Morgan, Ph.D.
/>BioMed Dept.
/>Brown Univ.
/>BI599063 at brownvm.brown.edu

--
Donald A. Lehn, Ph.D.                      Phone: (301) 496-2885
Bldg.37 Rm 3D20                            FAX:   (301) 496-8419
National Cancer Institute / NIH            Email: donnel at helix.nih.gov
Bethesda MD 20892