UV-fixing of filters.

Coady Michael coady at ERE.UMontreal.CA
Mon Dec 16 14:19:41 EST 1991

Dear Fellow Netlanders,
	Has anyone experience with UV fixation of nucleic acids
to filters?  Yes, I've used Stratalinkers before but I don't believe
that I have access to one here.  What I do have access to is a
transilluminator and I spoke to someone at Boehringer Mannheim this
morning who assured me that I should put my charged nylon on this,
(face down, natch :-)) and leave it for five minutes.  Yet this is
quit a long time right next to a strong UV source, and I can't help
but wonder if the nucleic acids are going to badly degraded by this
method.  Thanks in advance for any advice.

Mike Coady