Geneclean and cDNA synthesis

kim at m44.unm.edu kim at m44.unm.edu
Wed Dec 18 14:21:39 EST 1991

Hello Group:

I recently posted a question regarding the Pharmacia Time Saver cDNA kit, which
claims to give cDNA from cells in about 9 hours or so.  The advertising seems
to indicate that the time savings comes from the use of spin columns for buffer
changes, rather than ethanol precipitations.  There is also a significant time
savings from the use of a PEG-driven ligation reaction (30 minute ligations).

I was wondering if anyone had an opinion of the idea of using Geneclean or some
homebrew of the same to concentrate and change buffer systems in a more
conventional cDNA synthesis system.  This would afford a significant time
savings as well in any cDNA synthesis system.

Daniel Kim