Primer Detective

BMYCHERN at imb.as.tw BMYCHERN at imb.as.tw
Wed Dec 11 01:07:00 EST 1991

Dear Netters:

        Recently, we saw a software, Primer Detective, from Clontech. It is
a primer design program, but a version for IBM and true IBM compatible
computers is available.  I'd like to know if there is any software for the
same purposes on Mac machine.  Its features are to find primers that span chosen
    restriction enzyme sites,
        to find overlapping or nested primer sets,
        to find all restriction sites within a sequence,
        to compare primer sets from different sequences,
        to view the location of all primers within a sequence,
        to search your sequence for any oligonucldotide,
        to import gene sequences from GenBank files or standard ASCII files
, and   to save and retrieve multiple searches.

        Thanks in advance.
                                                        H.T.Lai