GLASS_BEAD_PURIFICATION_DNA

loren at wystan.bsd.uchicago.edu loren at wystan.bsd.uchicago.edu
Wed Feb 20 01:19:34 EST 1991

Can anyone recommend a source of glass beads suitable for use in DNA
purification?  I cannot locate the source cited in the article by B.
Vogelstein.  A specific catalogue number would help if there are dozens of
related choices.  The Bio 101 GeneClean kits work so nicely, I can no
longer afford the habit.  If anyone has any experience using DEAE cellulose
paper, I would appreciate their comments. Schleicher and Schuell smallest
unit sale is enough to last several years, but they only guarantee a one year
shelf life.
                           Thank You,

Loren Joseph
Dept. of Pathology
University of Chicago
e-mail: ah,err, not quite sure but it is something like
   the University Computer is designated @midway.uchicago.edu and I log on as
'ljlj' but I connect to a miniVax at node wystan.bsd.uchicago.edu where I
sign on as LOREN.  The minivax is also designated, at some level, as
@uchimvs1.  From the miniVax I go back to the university newserver.