GLASS_BEAD_PURIFICATION_DNA

cup at bones.biochem.ualberta.ca cup at bones.biochem.ualberta.ca
Wed Feb 20 12:57:23 EST 1991

>Can anyone recommend a source of glass beads suitable for use in DNA
>purification?  I cannot locate the source cited in the article by B.
>Vogelstein.  A specific catalogue number would help if there are dozens of
>related choices.  The Bio 101 GeneClean kits work so nicely, I can no
>longer afford the habit.

>Loren Joseph
>Dept. of Pathology
>University of Chicago

Yes, I switched to making my own glass milk. Works great with DNA >500 bp
from TAE gels. I bought 2 kg of glass powder from a local pottery outfit,
probably enough for 500ml of glass milk.
I don't have the method on this machine but I'll try and post it in the
next few days.
You can make a lot of friends supplying your dept.

Chris Upton
use     usercu11 at ualtamts for E-mail, the other address may not be in
service for a while.