Anyone done PCR directly from cells

WEH%FDACFSAN at PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU WEH%FDACFSAN at PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU
Tue Jan 15 07:18:40 EST 1991

Sorry, we've only used it with oysters and milk.  We did use some
plasmid extraction methods with lettuce but these are cumbersome,
requiring typical phenol-chloroform extractions.  If you keep the sample
amount low (that is, don't try to make too concentrated of a preparation)
heating with guanidine isothiocyanate (maybe to 60C or even boiling) and
following with an ethanol precipitation (just add sodium acetate to 0.3M)
essentially ignoring the guanidine may yield satisfactory results.  Good luck
and let me know if you are successful.