Southwestern blotting

Beatriz Gonzalez-Yanes beatriz at pine.circa.ufl.edu
Mon Jul 29 16:12:12 EST 1991

Hello!
I would like to know if anybody can supply me with a reference or
protocol for Southwestern blotting.  It is supposed to be a new (to
me) technique in which you separate your proteins by gel
electrophoresis and probe with DNA.  This would be very similar to a
Western blot, but using DNA as macromolecular probe instead of antibodies.
Main questions are: should you use only non-denaturing gels, how big
a fragment is needed, can you block non-specific binding with milk
(like in Westerns), can you use nitrocellulose?

I'll apprecciate any feedback,
Beatriz.

bitnet		beatriz at ufpine
internet	beatriz at pine.circa.ufl.edu