BACULOVIRUS CLONING KIT

Dr Tan Tin Wee BCHTANTW%NUSVM at PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU
Mon Jul 8 10:47:40 EST 1991

I asked last week ...
>A colleague of mine wants to try expression in baculovirus insect systems
>and has obtained the cell line.  She has heard from somebody that there
>is a baculovirus cloning kit commercially available to facilitate
>such work.  Does anybody know of a supplier?  Any information,
>addresses, fax numbers etc would be very much appreciated.
Many thanks to all that have replied so promptly and offered to help in other
ways besides supplying the information. I summarise the feedback below.

Try GIBCO/BRL, Life Technologies, Inc., P.O. Box 68, Grand Island, NY
14072. They sell a kit for Baculovirus. Also, one of the pioneers in
this field is there. Contact Dr Stefan Weiss (716) 774-6632. Hope this
helps.
William D. Graziadei, PhD

The Baculovirus cloning kit is available from:
Invitrogen Corp.
3985 Sorrento Valley Blvd. #B
San Diego, CA 92121
Phone: 1-619-597-6200
FAX:   1-619-597-6201
In addition to the cloning kit this company distributes also the host
cells SF9, SF 21 and insect media.
Walter Just
Dept.of Clin.Genetics
Univ. of Ulm
Germany
JUST_W at DULRUU51.BITNET

Distributed in Europe by British Biotechnology Ltd
4-10 The Quadrant
Barton lane
Abington
Oxon OX14 3YS
England
tel : 0235 529449
fax : 0235 533420
ask for the kit with the new vector containing the beta-gal gene
very interesting for the blue white screening
Good luck, G. Guellaen

I read about it in AMS biotechnology (europe)ltd. NEWS vol 1 No. 1.
AMS is present in : Switzerland (bioggio-Lugano), UK (Oxford), Italia (Milano),
Espana (Madrid) Purtugal (Lisbon). The product name should be MAX BAC.
With compliments from Francesco Argenton

Many thanks also to:
Jonny Weitzman
DR MATH WEITZMAN
Johan.