DNA VISUALISATION

avm at aber.ac.uk avm at aber.ac.uk
Tue Jul 9 08:42:38 EST 1991

Hi everybody
   Has anybody out there got a good method for visualising DNA fragments
of less than 1kb in agarose gels? We routinely incorporate ethidium
bromide into the gel before starting electrophoresis, and while this
shows up the larger bands, resolution at the bottom of the gel is always
lousy. What's the answer?? is it better to soak the gel in ethidium
bromide after electrophoresis? Hope this isn't too daft a question.
All the best

Dave Moreman, Dept. Biol. Sci., University College of Wales, Aberystwyth
e-mail avm at uk.ac.aberystwyth.

P.S. Apologies to the bionet authorities for my earlier advertisment
for the sequencing service at Aber. Sorry folks!