E.coli host strains

AHARRIS at AC.DAL.CA AHARRIS at AC.DAL.CA
Sun Jun 16 20:28:00 EST 1991

	In regard to your posting on bionet, have you tried Stratagene
"Sure" cells?  They are claimed to be Rec BC defficient. We have used
them to try to clone minisatellite sequences (unfortunately with little
success) in an attempt to stop the arrays from collapsing to a couple
of repeat units. We have yet to find a host strain that prevents deletions
in these sequences but "Sure" cells may work for you. I would be grateful
to hear if you come up with any alternative hosts. Good luck.

Andrew Harris
Marine Gene Probe Lab
Dalhousie University
Halifax, Nova Scotia,