(none)

frist at ccu.umanitoba.ca frist at ccu.umanitoba.ca
Thu Mar 14 10:12:31 EST 1991

In article <9103140043.AA14252 at sdchemd1.ucsd.edu> mwsmith at UCSD.EDU (Mike Smith) writes:

>     Has anyone tried the Strataclean resin from Stratagene?  Today I used

I haven't tried it, but to answer your next question...

>and sequencing.  The miniprep DNA did cut with SstI, but I wonder if the
>background RNA will interfere with sequencing.
I do all my DNA sequencing from phenol/CHCl3 extracted miniprep dsDNA, with
the E.coli RNA still there. The presence of RNA doesn't  appear to matter,
as I can usually read ~400 bases in a given reaction. However, I would like
to switch to something like Strataclean myself.

Brian Fristensky                |
Department of Plant Science     |
University of Manitoba          |
Winnipeg, MB R3T 2N2  CANADA    |                THIS is THIS!
frist at ccu.umanitoba.ca          |
Office phone:   204-474-6085    |
FAX:            204-275-5128    |