PCR fragment cloning into m13 vectors

pollanen at csc.fi pollanen at csc.fi
Tue Mar 12 10:53:21 EST 1991

Hello

Can anyone help me with m13 cloning I have some problems
with ligation a PCR product into m13 vector (m13mp18)
The size of fragments is varying from about 100bp to
300bp size in lenght. I have opened the m13 vector
by pstI /HindIII double digestion and also I have
digested these PCR products same way because we have
planned primers so that PCR is (probably) producing
pstI and HindIII sites to the ends or near of the ends
of these fragments.... If anyone has tried to introduce
DNA fragments into m13 vector please let me know of
the problems and how did you solve those problems...
Especially talking about PCR fragment cloning into
m13 and also into expression vectors too...

Sincerely yours Raimo Pollanen (M.S.)

Pollanen at CSC.FI